[mapguide-users] ActiveSelection Does Not Update

Jim O'Leary joleary.public at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 14:37:32 EST 2007

I'm using MGSelection to generate a filter for the active selections in the
map. This program is invoked by "URL activated for feature" in the layer
editor in Studio, which passes the program the session id. No problem the
first time. However, when I make another selection or add to my selection
with CTRL click, the MGSelection object does not always update, but still
shows the previous selection.

My code is very simple. In the code below, GetLayerByNlame(), $map,
$resourceService,$mapName, and $layerName are already defined.

$selection = new MgSelection($map);
$selection->Open($resourceService, $mapName);
$layer = GetLayerByName($map,$layerName)
$layerClassName = $layer->GetFeatureClassName();
$selectionString = $selection->GenerateFilter($layer, $layerClassName);
print "selectionstring is $selectionString<br>";

Is there a caching problem here?

Thanks