[mapguide-users] Preliminary MrSID and ECW Support

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jan 31 14:06:27 EST 2007

Jose Manuel C G wrote:
>> Jose,
>>
>> I don't know what you mean about "ecw repositories files".
>
> I Mean that I keep the repositories from the 1.0.2 version and with 1.1.0
> and your plugin, I can't see the raster.

Jose,

Ah, I see what you mean.  I think of these as "data connections" or just
"data objects".  As has been mentioned since these will be distinct between
the Autodesk raster provider and the OSGeo/GDAL raster provider and must
be recreated accordingly.

> So I have to upload again the .ecw and make the layer, I suppose.

Well, in particular, it is not normal to "package the data" with the
OSGeo/GDAL provider the way is perhaps common with the autodesk provider.
Instead you upload to the server, put in some directory, and then just
reference that.

I'm not sure what is necessary to get the same sort of packaging as is
done for the Autodesk provider.

Best regards,