[mapguide-users] Creating SDF3 files

Warren Medernach warren.medernach at imaginit.ca
Mon Jan 29 11:50:44 EST 2007

Hello Jorge,

Like Jason said, your best bet is the Autodesk newsgroups for inquiries
such as this, but here is some general info.

The 'Publish to MapGuide' functionality in Map 3D 2007 essentially
allows you to publish directly to a MapGuide site.
In your case though, it sounds like all you want to do is create an SDF
file?
At this time, there are no 'automated' tools to accomplish this.  To
accomplish this in Map, you need to 'classify' your objects, and then
Autodesk has provided a tool (DwgToSdf3:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=7785535
&linkID=2786655) which can read the dwg classifications and generate an
SDF3 file.

Hope this helps

   Warren Medernach