[mapguide-users] ESRI sde data ...

Brad Nesom kidsmake6 at msn.com
Mon Jul 2 16:52:06 EDT 2007

Bill,

I have been doing this for some time using mapguide 6.5. I am also on this
forum to migrate to ent or mgos. One of the issues I have recently resolved
is that first of all if you are in sde 9.1 you would have to use the
sdo_geometry. Inside of this there is an issue with mg6.5 reading the (9.1)
default for points) gtype sdo_elem_array for all point entities (including
2d). Which by the way is fixed with a new parameter in 9.2. Another issue
that Mapguide 6.5 has is that it has problems reading the data while there
is any version (not rec and posted). I have not had the opportunity to test
this with workspace manager. The previous all describes a client connection
to the oracle sdo data from mapguide 6.5 (not through sde).

In mgos ( I haven't used MG_ent) with sde 9.2 using the arcsde fdo provider,
The only issue I have come across directly releating to mapguide is that the
default attribute setting for arcsde 9.2 is string = Unicode. This is
alterable using the Unicode_string=false parameter which then allows the fdo
(at 3.2.2) to read and display the text fields correctly. (the trac shows
this will be corrected in fdo 3.3).

I could discuss offline other sde specific issues for 9.2 if that is what
you are looking at.

Brad

  _____