[mapguide-users] Setting Active Selection Using Web API

Mark Pendergraft markp at Meadgilman.com
Mon Jul 2 17:54:34 EDT 2007

I am trying to set the active selection of the map using the web API.
I'm using the MGOS 1.2 and writing in VB using VS 2005 Pro

My code seems to run just fine (the vb portion).  When I enable script
debugging for internet explorer the javascript code below returns an
error stating "Permission Denied"

-----------javascript code creating error--------------

function OnPageLoad()

{

    selectionXml = '<% =XmlSelection %>';

    parent.parent.SetSelectionXML(selectionXml);

    parent.parent.refresh();

}

-----------javascript code creating error--------------

The parent.parent.setselectionxml(selectionxml) line is where I get the
error.

The weird part is, if I disable script debugging and let it run the map
says "0 features selected", the properties window shows nothing, and no
selection shows up on screen.  But if I refresh the map, the selection
does show up, but the properties window and map still show nothing.

I'm desperately trying to make this work!!!  I want people to be able to
search by parcel numbers on my map, and I want the map to zoom and
select a parcel when they enter the parcel_id number.  However, it all
hangs on me being able to select items on the map first.

-Mark Pendergraft.