[mapguide-users] Problems with Mapguide Web Studio Help and Viewing Map Components

Bryan McPherson bmcpherson at musqueam.bc.ca
Wed Jul 4 14:23:17 EDT 2007

Hi, I am having some problems with MapGuide Web Studio:

1) It seems that some files are missing from the help menu (see previous
post below).  I have tried logging into Web Studio with Author role but
this did not help.  Chris - Did you resolve this problem?

Not Found
The requested URL /mapguide/webstudio/help/concept_map.html
was not found on this server.
The requested URL
/mapguide/webstudio/help/concept_layer.html was not found
on this server.
The requested URL
/mapguide/webstudio/help/concept_featuresource.html was not
found on this server.

2)  I also receive the following error from the Tools menu -> Site
Administrator and Tools menu -> MapAgent

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site
might be experiencing technical difficulties,

or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

3) I can not view any of the Sheboygan components in the preview window
of Web Studio.  However I can examine properties, layers and settings.
Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Bryan

----------------------

Chris:

You shouldn't need any special configuration to make use of webstudio:
with a default install it should work as is.

One issue you may be experiencing is a change in how user roles are
handled in version Mapguide 1.1rc1. The Administrator user doesn't
have the Author role and can't complete some of the steps necessary to
build a map (I think this is the case, but I'm not sure). You could
try accessing the Mapguide Site Admin application via Web Studio's
Tools->Site Administrator menu item and creating a user with the
Author role.

Hope this helps.

zak

On 12/14/06, Chris Gountanis <cgountanis at mpower-tech.com

> On the same topic has anyone been able to use web studio to add shape
files
> and create a map even? Not sure what I am doing wrong out of the box.
Does
> it need special INI or FDO setup prior to using. The help files are
missing
> as well.
>
> Chris

Studio Hekp
> Guide
>

> Hello
>
> I am trying to execute the Mapguide Open Source Web Studio with
MapGuide
> Open Source 1.1.0 Release Candidate 1, but I can't see the Web Studio
Help

--------

--
Zak James