[mapguide-users] MapGuide Open Source Instalation issues

dorin dorindanci at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 21 02:00:06 EDT 2007

Hi,

I try to install MapGuide Open Source on Windows 2000 Professional. I
followed the PDF InstallConfigure MgOpenSourceonWindows from osgeo.org.
I installed MapGuide Server as a Site Server, then I installed MapGuide Web
Server Extensions - the bundled configuration (PHP). I used the default
value of 127.0.0.1 for the SIte Server.
I chose Custom Setup type so I can install the API documentation.

Then I proceed with the chapter Configuring MapGuide Web Server Extensions
on Windows - Cofigure with Apache. There is a section: Common Configuration
Steps that ask to edit httpd.conf like this:

***
There are some steps you must perform whether you are using PHP or JSP as
a development environment.
■ If you are using the Site Administrator or plan to use PHP as a
development
environment, configure Apache to process files with the .php extension.
Edit httpd.conf. Look for the configuration of the PHP engine. Ensure it
is set as follows, or add the following to the file as necessary.
ScriptAlias /php/ "C:/Program Files/MapGuideOpenSource/
WebServerExtensions/Php/"
Action application/x-httpd-php "/php/php-cgi.exe"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
■ In the Dynamic Shared Object Support section, ensure that the rewrite
module is enabled. If there is a comment character at the beginning of the
line, remove it so it looks like this:
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.soThere are some steps you
must perform whether you are using PHP or JSP as
a development environment.
■ If you are using the Site Administrator or plan to use PHP as a
development
environment, configure Apache to process files with the .php extension.
Edit httpd.conf. Look for the configuration of the PHP engine. Ensure it
is set as follows, or add the following to the file as necessary.
ScriptAlias /php/ "C:/Program Files/MapGuideOpenSource/
WebServerExtensions/Php/"
Action application/x-httpd-php "/php/php-cgi.exe"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
■ In the Dynamic Shared Object Support section, ensure that the rewrite
module is enabled. If there is a comment character at the beginning of the
line, remove it so it looks like this:
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
***

Then the section Configuring Apache to Use PHP says:

***
To use PHP as the development environment with the Apache HTTP Server,
add the following declarations at the end of httpd.conf.
ScriptAlias /mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi
"C:/Program Files/MapGuideOpenSource/WebServerExtensions/
www/mapagent/MapAgent.exe"
AliasMatch ^/mapguide/mapviewerajax/([^\?])(.*)$
"C:/Program Files/MapGuideOpenSource/WebServerExtensions/
www/mapviewerphp/$1$2"
Alias /mapguide/mapviewerajax
"C:/Program Files/MapGuideOpenSource/WebServerExtensions/
www/mapviewerphp/ajaxviewer.php"
AliasMatch ^/mapguide/mapviewerdwf/([^\?])(.*)$
"C:/Program Files/MapGuideOpenSource/WebServerExtensions/
www/mapviewerphp/$1$2"
Alias /mapguide/mapviewerdwf
"C:/Program Files/MapGuideOpenSource/WebServerExtensions/
www/mapviewerphp/dwfviewer.php"
Alias /mapguide
"C:/Program Files/MapGuideOpenSource/WebServerExtensions/www/"
<Directory
"C:/Program Files/MapGuideOpenSource/WebServerExtensions/www/">
AllowOverride All
Options All
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
AddHandler cgi-script .exe
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule .* - [E=REMOTE_USER:%{HTTP:Authorization},L]
</Directory>
Save the changes and restart the Apache server.
***

I have follwed these stepas, and when I try to Verify the Configuration I
get this errors:

1. Testing the Map Agent:
I try to connect to http:
//localhost:8008/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?OPERATION=ENUMERATERESOURCES&VERSION=1.0.0&
LOCALE=en&RESOURCEID=Library://&TYPE=&DEPTH=-1

After I type Administrator and admin I get:
Cannot establish connection. Exception occurred in method
MgServerConnection.Open at line 95 in file .\Services\ServerConnection.cpp

After I change localhost to 127.0.0.1 and type Administrator and admin I get
the same error.

2. Testing the Site Administrator
I try to connect to: http://localhost:8008/mapguide/mapadmin/login.php
After I type Administrator and admin I get: Authentication failed. Please
enter a valid username and password.
Same error if I change localhost with 127.0.0.1

3. Testing the Web Server Extensions
I try to connect to: http://localhost/mapguide/mapviewerajax/ajaxviewer.php?
WEBLAYOUT=Library://ATest.WebLayout
The error: The page cannot be displayed.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT I AM DOING WRONG.

Thank you,
Dorin