[mapguide-users] nstalled mapguide 1.20rc2 and got theSheboygan.mgp up and running; and next ...

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Jul 25 00:21:12 EDT 2007

David,

That's a fair amount of data that you want.

To my knowledge, there are no bundled mgp's available other than the Sheboygan and Redding data sets.

However, MapGuide does allow you to reference existing SHP files as well as SDF and other sources, so you may be able to use those.  Alternately, you could bring in a WMS service for your base layers (set up a new Data Connection) .

To do that you would need to use an authoring tool like Autodesk MapGuide Studio or Web Studio, or figure out the mapagent APIs and do it the hard way.

MapGuide is a fairly heavy server, with lots of functionality to go with it.  What are your specific needs for this?

Jason

P.S. I don't respond to support-like questions on my blog

________________________________

From: david hon
Subject: [mapguide-users] nstalled mapguide 1.20rc2 and got theSheboygan.mgp up and running; and next ...

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed mapguide 1.20rc2 and got the Sheboygan.mgp
up and running. The tile-server feature is what prompted my efforts and
I am very pleased to get it working.

Are there other sample/example (contribs?) '*.mpg' packages available?
I am interested in a full globe lat-lon grid, continent/ocean/river/lakes
and geopolitcal boundaries and place names - but I don't really need
streets or highways, etc. If no such '*.mpg' is available, how do I
create it?

I just need a tiled wms that allows be to overlay the above with
satellite images. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Cheers,

-david