[mapguide-users] RE: Introducing Fusion ...

Paul Spencer pagameba at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 11:27:53 EDT 2007

Hi Max,

thanks for taking the time to investigate :)

We are a little light on documentation at this point, it is one of
the major tasks to complete between now and whenever the next version
of MGOS (1.3) is released.  There may be some documentation that we
can post in the next couple of weeks as we start to integrate Fusion
into MapGuide's source code repository, I will send announcements as
it becomes available.

The editing tools will not be included in the Open Source release of
Fusion.  They are still under development and our plan is to sell
them as a value-added extension to MapGuide Open Source applications
that are built on the Fusion stuff.

There will be some incompatible changes that will happen between this
preview version and the final version in MGOS 1.3.  Architecturally,
things will work the same, so anything you learn between now and then
will not be wasted.  However, if you build an application on Fusion
right now, you may have some work to do when 1.3 comes out to make it
work with the 1.3 version (changing WebLayout to
ApplicationDefinition in the XML document, and possibly some changes
to the widgets)

Cheers

Paul