[mapguide-users] file IO exception

Jon Rizzo jrizzo at Langan.com
Mon Jun 4 08:13:35 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am having difficulty with my project - it seems that my sdf feature
sources are being locked by MapGuide and MapGuide never seems to release
them.  I tracked the issue down to the simple act of opening and closing a
feature reader.  I commented out my code until the problem went away and
then I started adding lines back until the problem returned.  When I add
these two lines back, the problem returns, and when I comment them out
again, the problem goes away:
featReader = featureService.SelectFeatures(layerResId, layerClassName,
queryOptions);
featReader.Close();

That's it - just opening and closing the feature reader puts the sdf file
into a "locked" state, where Studio throws a file IO exception whenever I
try to reload that resource.  I realize that I can get around the problem by
restarting the MapGuide service, but I would like to get to the bottom of
this problem so that I can update my data without resetting my server every
time.  Any suggestions/ideas?

Jon