[mapguide-users] file IO exception

Dave Wilson dave.wilson at autodesk.com
Mon Jun 4 17:03:47 EDT 2007

I believe we may have just fixed a bug relating to connections not
properly being closed by the server. This could cause locking on files
that you eventually need to update or replace. I don't believe there is
a workaround short of restarting the server. If you have regular nightly
updates of files you could schedule a restart prior to that. If you have
an application that is updating the files during the day I'm not sure of
a solution. This possibly applies to both SDF and SHP.

I believe a recent fix was submitted. If you were to build the current
MGOS from source this problem would likely disappear. There is a chance
that disabling connection pooling may reduce the issue, but I believe
this is not on by default for SDF or SHP. This was a server side fix.

Regards,
Dave