[mapguide-users] Problem with legend - style

martijni mis at gemeentehulst.nl
Tue Jun 5 02:42:53 EDT 2007

Kenneth,

I feel pretty stupid right now... Instead of defining the Layerdefinition I
always gave as resource FeatureSource :x

So I'm thanking you for the last post for what you've typed in. It's working
now. My only question left is that when I remove the style types, that
shouldn't be seen in the legend and upload it like we did now, and the
information in the accesdatabase gets updated this automatic changes in the
viewer. Or do you have to update the LayerDefinition each time?

Thanks for the help!

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S wrote:

> I can get a similar exception if I type in
> Library://tank.MapDefinition
> as the resource id, if I type:
> Library://tank.LayerDefinition
> it all goes fine.
>
> Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S
>

> Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S wrote:
>> I've tried validating it. I validates fine for me.
>> I can also upload it using the test form. It shows in studio, but I
>> don't have the featuresource.
>>
>> It would appear that the XSD files are broken in your install, or
>> something happened when you posted and I downloaded.
>> If possible, try uninstalling, remove the entire folder C:\Program
>> Files\MapGuideOpenSource, and reinstall.
>> Remember to backup any data you want to save. You might use the
>> package manager in the site admin for this purpose.
>>
>> I was using MapGuide 1.2 Beta 2 for my testing.
>> Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S
>>

>> martijni wrote:
>>> Kenneth,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your reaction.
>>> I uploaded the xml file for you. Take a look at it. I did a validation
>>> check
>>> and received no errors.
>>> As far as I can see it's using UTF-8. Maybe i'm wrong ofcourse.... :)

>>> http://www.nabble.com/file/p10952225/tanks.LayerDefinition.xml
>>> tanks.LayerDefinition.xml