[mapguide-users] FDO GDAL for Raster Problem

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Jun 7 01:56:46 EDT 2007

> I have one file (x.jpg) in JPG format and georeferenced through
> MapInfo(x.tab) while the other file (y.tiff) is in Tiff format and
> gerefrenced using the ESRI ArcGIS(y.jgw).

Wow, that is one mixed image directory :)

My guess is that the georeferencing for one of the images isn't working properly.  If your file is named y.tiff, I think that the worldfile needs to be named y.tfw.  I'm pretty sure that GDAL supports .tab files for georeferencing in addition to worldfiles.

> One more problem is that once i already deleted my resource
> and when i tried to delete image files in the folder i use to get
> warning that the images files are used by some program and
> cannot be deleted.

MapGuide is probably caching the data connection.  You may need to restart the MapGuide service to regain access to the images.  I believe that this connection hogging issue has been resolved in the current development tree.

Jason