[mapguide-users] Draw Polyline using MySQL Databse

peter56 ibb.scigalla at arcor.de
Thu Jun 7 04:59:01 EDT 2007

Hi Dhirendra Kumar,

you can find a lot about MySQL Spatial in the documentation. In case of
V.5.0 look here:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/spatial-extensions.html

and for V5.1:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/spatial-extensions.html

For creating layers, I'm using standard MG Studio functions. Here my
workflow:

1. create a connection to the database, using FDO provider for mysql
2. create a new layer based on (1)
3. select a table with spatial data for the new layer
4. select the database row for geometry
5. create a filter to select only a data subset for this layer. Here you can
for example use another row

And now the layer is redy.

I hope it helps? Sorry, I'm only a beginner with MapGuide and (My)SQL.

Regards - Peter