[mapguide-users] Desktop implementation of MapGuide

alucas alucas at srtec.com
Mon Jun 11 15:29:37 EDT 2007

Hello,

It's is possible, I've implemented a viewer in c# based on DWF Viewer, it
works fine in the LAN but I've some problems connecting vía internet.

You need:

Include your webconfig.ini -> When your app start, you need to read the
ipaddress and if the user can specify the server, you need to write the
webconfig.ini with this ip, because the api (InitializeWebTier) reads this
file.

You need to add a reference to dwfviewer api

You need to add a referende to mapguidedotnetapi.dll

Include all dll's in the API in the .exe directory. You can get this
dependent files from c:\Program files\mapguideopensource\server\bin

You need the resources file, in the webconfig.ini the parameter
ResourcesPath points to the resources file.

Now, you need to connect to the mapagent and generate a dwf map with the
mapping service, then, you can store it in the client and open it with
dwfviewer.

You don't need to implement the navigation and display tools.

This works fine for the LAN, I can acces to all mapguide servers in my LAN.
Through internet I'm having problems...