[mapguide-users] 1.2 RC1 Bugs and "Newbie" Impressions

usysinc info at usysinc.com
Thu Jun 14 01:22:18 EDT 2007

Eric,
     Hi, I'm also new to this project using 1.1.0. I'm not a developer and
have no comment on your observations of 1.2RC1 so please pardon this thread
interruption.

I have been trying to get a MapGuide 1.1.0 installation up and running for
the past (5) days with little success. I have been through both the Apache
and Tomcat configuration scripts rather extensively and have verified that
Apache can ececute PHP and Apache JSP's. I however have NEVER actually
observed MapGuide serving ANY GIS maps through the installed examples and
MapGuide Studio does not appear to be able to recognize any served GIS data
either. WebGuide Studio gives the following Error as described below:

Line: 285
Char: 13
Error: 'this.resources[...].getView()' is null or not an object

I have not even been able to get ANY of the JSP examples to work!!!

Compiling a small Java applet such as "HelloWorld" and placing the .class
file in the
C:\Program
Files\MapGuideOpenSource\WebServerExtensions\Tomcat\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes
directory however works just fine, so Apache is apparently configured
correctly. I also know that PHP is operational to the extent that the Site
Administration scripts with root at
"http://localhost:8008/mapguide/mapadmin/login.php" are executable.

Question? Have you ever observed MapGuide serving any GIS maps? If so,
perhaps you would be so kind as to point me in the right direction regarding
proper configuration of the tool, as you appear to have had more luck than
I.

Regards,
  Brendan