[mapguide-users] GCC installation

larry white larz at neomatix.ca
Fri Jun 15 18:36:25 EDT 2007

i have also run into a mysql/odbc compilation problem for the
genericRdbms provider.

here's the error message i'm referring to:
FdoRdbmsOdbcConnection.cpp:(.text+0x1c8f): undefined reference to
`SQLGetPrivateProfileString'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [UnitTestOdbc] Error 1

not sure if you're experiencing the same issue, but here's how i dealt
with it.

this problems relates to an extra odbc library that needs to be linked
in when compiling the unit tests.

to solve the problem, i modified the following file:
$source_code_dir/OpenSource_FDO/Providers/GenericRdbms/Src/UnitTest/Makefile.am

'-lodbc \' is on line 154.
however, in addition to -lodbc, there also needs to be '-lodbcinst \'
i just copy n paste line 154 and tack on 'inst', so it looks like the
following:

-lodbc \
-lodbcinst \

things should compile after making that change.

btw, i've found that if you make this change after you've already
attempted to compile, you still get an error.
so, it seems best to remove the existing GenericRdbms directory and
extract a new one from the tarball.

-- larry

--
larry white