[mapguide-users] Error when do ./configure --enable-optimized

larry white larz at neomatix.ca
Mon Jun 18 10:56:54 EDT 2007

Mark,

oh, ok.

personally, i wouldn't recommend that because i've tried the renaming
approach in the past and ran into problems
btw, you can use configure options to set the fdo locations - use
'./configure --help' to view the proper syntax.

if mapguide is looking for a specific library set, then it seems best to
use that particular set - unless you have a specific reason not
to - rather than renaming an older version.

i'd suggest using the exact version of the libraries that mapguide is
looking for. otherwise, you may run into compilation and/or runtime
problems. plus, it will be lacking features available in the latest code.

is there a specific reason you want to use older libraries?
btw, what version of mapguide are you compiling?

-- larry

--
larry white
Senior Systems Analyst