[mapguide-users] Shortest path between two points

Jorge Rubio j.e.rubio at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 08:26:43 EDT 2007

Hi Dhirendra

years ago we wrote some code for shortest path using MG4. We used Dijkstra
procedures.
I will try to describe briefly what we did.

We generated network topology using Autocad Map.
We wrote lisp routines to store topology info on a data base.
We wrote lisp routines to get nodes coordinates and perform distance
calculations between them in order to fill Dijkstra arrays (and store them
on a data base).
We wrote routines to get closest nodes from starting and ending adresses.
We uses Dijkstra algorithm to calculate shortest path.
Once we got the nodes ordered form startng to ending points, we queried the
topology to get the liks between the nodes.
Then we displayed them on MG.

You can find Dijkstra algorithm in internet written in many languajes like
c, c++ an so on.

2007/6/18, Dhirendra Kumar <dhirendra.mgos at gmail.com>:

> Hi All,
>
> I want to find out shortest path between two given points, Please anyone
> give me idea about it. Thankyou in Advance.
>

> Regards,
>
> Dhirendra Kumar

Lic. Jorge Rubio