[mapguide-users] Producing High Resolution images using renderingservice

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Thu Jun 21 21:38:06 EDT 2007

Hi,

Both ways are possible. You can specify a higher dpi and also a really large output image size using the web APIs. I have tried both, and there was a bug with labels not taking into account dpi which I think I fixed (but my memory is fuzzy, so may be I didn't fix it).

The limitation is the size of the ouput image in memory, since it needs to be in RAM while rendering the map. I successfully tried a 5000x5000 image, but with 10000x10000 it failed. For an 8.5"x11" image at 600 dpi, you would need to generate a 5100x6600 image which seems doable.

You can also stitch several large image tiles into one big raster as a post processing step, but this would most likely show labeling artifacts at the edges, so I would recommend the monolithic image approach.

Traian