[mapguide-users] RE: Producing High Resolution images using renderingservice

Bruno Scott bscott at geomapgis.com
Mon Jun 25 03:37:27 EDT 2007

I've already tried to produce huge image, my goal was to produce a A0 plot at
300 dpi
and i've found the theoric limitation :
root/branches/1.2.x/MgDev/Server/src/Services/Rendering/ServerRenderingService.cpp
static const INT32 MAX_PIXELS = 16384*16384;
    // sanity check - number of image pixels cannot exceed MAX_PIXELS
     if (drawWidth * drawHeight > MAX_PIXELS)
         throw new
MgOutOfRangeException(L"MgServerRenderingService.RenderMap", __LINE__,
__WFILE__, NULL, L"MgInvalidImageSizeTooBig", NULL);

This is a quite big value enough to hold my needs.

But my server spent a long time calculating the resulting image
I was on my own computer with only myself asking to render an image
I can imagine you should setup your server with a huge amount of ram if
you want to handle many concurent sessions...

Bruno