[mapguide-users] MGOS Web Studio

Zak James zak4ms at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 12:19:04 EDT 2007

Jerome,

It sounds like the sdf file is not being successfully uploaded to the
server. How large is the file?

Webstudio uploads features using a form submitted to the mapagent. You
may be able to learn more about the error by accessing
http://<server>/mapguide/mapagent and trying to do a SETRESOURCE
operation (for the feature source) followed by a SETRESOURCEDATA
operation from there. One possibility is that your IIS installation is
restricting write access to the server.

zak

On 6/27/07, JeromeA <PraktikantTA3 at stuttgart-airport.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a newbie concerning MGOS and I have some questions regarding the
> WebStudio:
>
> - everytime I'm uploading data or klick on any button, WebStudio "freezes"
> and doesn't work
> anymore, so that I have to shut all IE windows and start it again ? Where
> could the problem
> be?
>
> - when I'm creating a feature source and put an *.sdf file in it, it works.
> But when I'm
> "connecting" a new layer to this feature source nothing happens and the
> feature source also
> disappears in the "Data Resource used in this layer:" box. Am I missing
> something??
>
> - could you tell me the basic differences between the commercial MapGuide
> Studio 2007 and
> the MapGuide Open Source WebStudio? Does the WebStudio have the same
> functionalities?
>

> (Windows Server 2003 SP1; MGOS 1.2 RC2; IIS; php)
>

> Thanks for your help,
>

> Jerome

Zak James
Applications and Software Development