[mapguide-users] digitizing features

Jackie Ng jackie.ng at aecsystems.com.au
Tue Mar 6 01:35:46 EST 2007

Hi there,

The mapguide viewer has built in functionality to perform digitizing.

- You basically call the DigitizeXXX javascript method on the map frame
(where XXX is Line, Point, LineString, Polygon, Circle, Rectangle. When you
call that Digitize method, you need to pass a callback function that
Digitize will call when it is done. That method has one parameter, the
geometry object.

eg.

<script type="text/javascript">

//start digitizing
function DigitizePoint() {
     parent.parent.mapFrame.DigitizePoint(OnPointDigitized);
}

//callback function
function OnPointDigitized(point) {
     //do something with your digitized point.
}

</script>

- When the callback function is invoked, it's then up to you what you want
to do with that geometry object.

Have you seen the examples on the sample site (the Digitizing and Redlining
sample) at http://data.mapguide.com/mapguide/devguide/index.php ?

- Jackie