[mapguide-users] RE: mapguide-users Digest, Vol 3, Issue 35

Gordon Luckett gordon.luckett at arrowgeomatics.com
Tue Mar 6 18:32:14 EST 2007

Hi I noticed that back in January a few people could not "Zoom Selected" in
MapGuide Studio or with the API if the layer was loaded in a different
Coordinate System than the Map. [i.e. LL83 Zip Codes in a NA-LM-CONIC Map]

Other than re-projecting the Data for that Layer (which I did), did anyone
find another work-around in code?

I recall that Scott Hameister had asked:

" ...The only way to fix it would be to intercept/redirect the
"ZoomSelection"
function to run some code that iterates through each layer, reprojects the
extent of the selection on that layer, and grabs the x and Y's into an
array...and then look for Max and Min X and Ys to develop the correct Zoom
position.

...Now I ask Does GETFEATURESETENVELOPE fcgi call have an undocumented way
of
doing this without having to destroy the web-api code?"

Did this work Scott?

Thanks
Gordon