[mapguide-users] ODBC/Oracle connection on Linux withEasysoftdriver

Robert Fortin robert.fortin at autodesk.com
Tue Mar 6 12:06:33 EST 2007

Tony,

The ODBC driver is included in a separate package from the instant
client.  It is available as free download at this location
http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/oci/instantclient/htdocs/
linuxsoft.html

In general, later Oracle client can connect to previously released
version of the server. We didn't see any issue with running this driver
a/g 10gR1 or R2 on Windows. I assume no issue on Linux too.

Of course, the Easysoft driver would become obsolete for your test too.

RF