[mapguide-users] Good Development Environment for MGOS

Joel Carranza jec at gatekeeper.com
Wed Mar 7 14:46:04 EST 2007

One problem i've had with developing MGOS apps in Java is that whatever
was used to build the wrapper library does not follow standard java
conventions. Specifically:

- method names start with upper case letters.
- everything throws a checked Exception
- MGOS collection classes don't extend the java collection classes

While this certainly is something that can be worked around, it is a
nuisance. I found myself writing an ugly wrapper library so that the
MGOS code could "play well with others".  I would love to see a more
java-centric MGOS library emerge out of the open source community, but
currently I get the impression that most people aren't headed in that
direction.

Joel