[mapguide-users] New user on mapguide

Ellis Yu ellis.yu at transfield-er.com
Thu Mar 8 01:21:35 EST 2007

Dear All,

        I'm now planning to develop a map view and plot our vessels on the
map according to their lat/long position. Thus I would like to getting
some opinions from you. Hope you can help.

        My idea is to load a world map shape file and plan to write a
program to spot a red dot on the map base on the user input lat/long
coordinate. Does mapguide support shapefile format ? I planand also
written either in VB.net 2003 or eclipse rcp. Which one is supported ? And
also, is any similiar sample code for me as reference? Thanks

Best Rdgs
Ellis