[mapguide-users] Ajax Viewer Events

GM_Mizar giampiero.massa at torino.miz.it
Tue Mar 13 05:20:06 EDT 2007

Another time here with another boring problem, this time regarding the AJAX
viewer.

I have a status bar external to the viewer, here I can write messages for
the user. I want to write here the description of the selected object but I
want that this description changes when I select a new object in the map.

I’m trying to catch the “selection” event but I haven’t found any viewer API
to perform this operation. I’ve also checked the html code of the property
panel, I’ve seen that the javascript function “SetProperties” is called each
time ore or more object are selected.

I’m thinking about replacing the page of the property panel with one which
contains the same function “SetProperties”, here I can update my external
status bar. Unfortunately this solution has two disadvantages:
1)	the property panel should be visible (and I don’t want it)
2)	I have to change a file under the installation folder of the MapGuide
server (exactly the
“\WebServerExtensions\www\mapviewernet\propertyctrl.aspx”), this can create
problems in deployment and maintenance of the application

Now the questions:
1)	can I catch the event related to the selection of an object in the Ajax
Viewer?
2)	if not, is it possible to change the link of the page shown in the
property panel?

Thanks a lot for replies.
GM