[mapguide-users] Ajax Viewer Events

Scott McFarlane scott at geotropix.com
Tue Mar 13 09:03:09 EDT 2007

GM,

I've seen several solutions to this problem on this list, but most of them
seem to require that you modify the built-in ajax viewer template files,
which I personally don't like to do.

As long as your status bar frame comes from the same web server as the
viewer, and stays visible during the session, the following method should
work. This method accomplishes the same thing as modifying the source code
of the template files, but instead it is done at run-time. The basic concept
is that you make a copy of the original OnSelectionChanged function (found
in the main frame) and then you redefine it with your own code, which in
turn, calls the original copied function.

In your status bar page, you can put the following JavaScript code. You'll
need to ensure that the main frame for the ajax viewer is loaded before this
code executes, so depending on how your overall page loads, this code may
need to be wrapped into a function that waits until it knows the main frame
is available.

// This needs to find the main frame of the ajax viewer
// It depends on the relationship of this frame with other frames
var main = parent.parent;

// Copy the original OnSelectionChanged function
if(typeof main.osc == 'undefined')
	main.osc = main.OnSelectionChanged;

main.OnSelectionChanged = function()
{