[mapguide-users] Reloading runtime map

Jim O'Leary joleary.public at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 19:58:54 EDT 2007

I am saving a new layer and  layer group directly in the XML of the map
definition using SetResource(). This works fine, but the runtime map doesn't
know about the new layer and group, so gives me an "object not found error".
Reloading the map frame with JavaScript also causes problems. Is there a way
to let the runtime map know about the new map definition in the repository
without a total reload of the frameset? Something like "map::close()"?