[mapguide-users] WFS and ESRI Data Interop (FME)

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Sat Mar 17 18:44:54 EDT 2007

I am trying to use WFS published layers from MGOS 1.1.0 and read them in
ArcGIS 9.2 using the data interoperability extension which is based on Safe
Software FME.  I also have stand-alone FME and it exhibits the same
behavior.  An MGOS server can be designated as the WFS server and it will
issue a WFS GetCapabilities request (via a GET rather than POST) and will
retrieve an apparently valid GML document.  But, when going any further
including choosing a specific WFS resource, it will fail.

I am also using Fiddler to intercept the requests and results it looks like
GetFeature is returning valid GML, but the FME GML parser is not liking it
for some reason.  Can someone at Autodesk please give this a try with FME
and see what happens on your end?  Try using the Sheboygan city limits
feature source.  I am trying to determine if this is a problem with the WFS
provider returning slightly invalid GML or if it's a problem with FME.  To
compound the problem, FME works fine with other non-MGOS WFS servers and I
can get MGOS WFS to work with Gaia.

Thanks.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.