[mapguide-users] Newbie learning to insert images

Krunoslav a_krunoslav at gmx.net
Sun Mar 18 17:05:25 EDT 2007

Hi all.

I'm totally new in this area, and still learning, so please don't shout at
me if I ask stupid questions:

My setup: MapGuide Opensource Server (bundle, Apache+PHP) on WindowsXP
Mapguide Studio Trial version

server works fine, I tried to put in few layers, and everything is OK,
except images:

So, what I'm trying to do:

I have a folder of 50 high quality georeferenced TIFF images, and I would
like to make a map with those images. Each image has about 100MB. I'm using
OSGeo FDO Provider for raster in Mapguide Studio

So when I make new data connection, enter Default Raster File location, and
add 10 images, Studio communicates with site for about 20 minutes and
finally connection fails. I guess tiff images are too large.

Other thing I tried to do is convert images to jpeg. But, how do I convert
georeferencing .tfw files for those images? I tried to rename them to .jwg ,
but doesn't work. So, can FDO provider for raster handle jpeg images? What
format of georeferencing file does it expect?

Anyway, my question would be: which is the easiest way to publish raster
images?