[mapguide-users] Save a Web Layout to Session

Jim O'Leary joleary.public at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 11:09:45 EDT 2007

I would like to associate a map with a web layout at runtime. I can do that
by extracting the XML of the web layout using GetResourceContent(),
replacing the
<Map>
  <ResourceId>
content with the path to the map, and then saving the web layout to the
repository using SetResource. However, I would like to save the new web
layout to the Session, and this doesn't work for SetResource.

The Dev Guide indicates that you save a map to Session by

$map->Save($resourceService, $mapId);

However, there appears to be no MGWebLayout class to do the same for a web
layout. Is there a way to save a web layout to session?