[mapguide-users] FDO ArcSDE uses a lot of server processes

Bjurström Jan Jan.Bjurstrom at lm.se
Thu Mar 22 06:48:30 EDT 2007

Hello,

Are there any FDO developer who knows about using ArcSDE as a datasource for the MapGuide?

I have noticed that the server creates new connections to the database (gsrvr.exe) when Im moving around in the same web published map.

My map has two layers, and there are two gsrvr.exe running when I open the map in the Ajax viewer.
When I start to move over a command button there are more gsrvr.exe started! If I place the cursor on the map without klicking, there is another gsrvr.exe created every second(2nd) second until a number of 19 is reached...
 When the browser is closed, the gsrvr.exe are not stopped.

19 gsrvr.exe takes about 310 MB of RAM. What is the reason of starting so many?

(MapGuide OS 1.1.0)

Best regards
Janne