[mapguide-users] RE: MGOS Application Overlaying on GOOGLE

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Sat Mar 24 21:53:42 EDT 2007

Dhirendra Kumar wrote:
-------------------------
when i want to see my maps on google earth then every time i have
to open mapagent and manually click on Subbmit button. [snip] i
want  to know mapagent  generate .KML file in which place and by
default which name

Hi,

MapGuide generates the KML dynamically, and does not store it to disk.  You could potentially intercept it in a script and save it to disk, but it's all based on the user's current view, so it might not be too useful.

I think you have a couple options.  First, you could write a simple PHP script that establishes a session and then does a redirect to the MapAgent link with the Session ID attached.  It'd look something like this:

&SESSION=9ee8c298-ffff-ffff-8001-00e02983d68a_en

Another option would be to just use an unpriveledged user in the MapAgent link:

&USERNAME=Anonymous&PASSWORD=

I hope that at some point we can add the same kind of built-in userid and password along with a "published" flag like we have for WMS and WFS services.  As it stands, the user has really limited ability to keep the link to a MapGuide site in their Google Earth menu.  Even with the embedded username and password, a SESSION is generated and embedded in the Layer and Features calls.

Jason