[mapguide-users] Avoiding Authentication Prompt on Startup

Buscher, Shane Shane.Buscher at nngco.com
Mon Mar 26 12:21:52 EDT 2007

I can't seem to find a way to avoid users being prompted to authenticate
when they open up a MapGuide site for the first time.  After that, they
aren't prompted again.  You can cancel out of the authentication and
bypass it, but this isn't very elegant.  I'm using the DWF Viewer with
.NET/iis 6, and have the MapGuide virtual directories set to windows
authentication (anonymous access unchecked).  I am authenticating on my
default page with the code snippets below, then passing the session Id
and web Layout to the dwf viewer.  If anyone has a solution/workaround,
I'd much appreciate it.

Dim site As New MgSite()
Dim userInfo As New MgUserInformation(AppSettings("mgLogin"), _
      AppSettings("mgPassword"))
site.Open(userInfo)
Dim SessionId As String = site.CreateSession()
Dim WebLayout As String = AppSettings("webLayout")
.
.
.
<iframe id="ViewerFrame" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0"
src="/mapguide/mapviewernet/dwfviewer.aspx?SESSION=<%= SessionId
%>&WEBLAYOUT=<%= webLayout %>" >
    </iframe>

Regards,

Shane