[mapguide-users] WMS Client Transparency (again!)

Chris Tweedie chrislist at narx.net
Wed Mar 28 03:16:05 EDT 2007

Hi Guys,

I posted something to the list sometime last year regarding Mapguide's default behaviour of switching TRANSPARENT to false when requesting WMS images.

Just to be clear, this is for wms *consumption* through the WMS FDO.

I have had a look into the provider code and there are certainly references to the behaviour in FdoWmsOvRasterDefinition.h ... what i really dont understand is why the default behaviour is set to false? Furthermore, there doesnt appear to be any way to override this behaviour, short of fixing and recompiling

The only thing i am hoping is if there is a way to manually alter the setTransparent() value inside the ResourceContents.dbxml?? Or is this wishful thinking?

Any info would be great fellas as this issue seems to be a re-occuring question on the list

--
Chris Tweedie