[mapguide-users] How to properly format IP addresses from MySQL decimal format?

Krunoslav a_krunoslav at gmx.net
Fri Mar 30 17:43:09 EDT 2007

Hi all.

Well, there seems to be another problem for which I can't find simple
solution: I have to display on the map some ISP's users on their location
with their IP addresses. Those addresses are stored in mysql database, but
in decimal format. From php I can fetch this data with "select
inet_ntoa(2130706433)" , for example.

Since I connect to database with FDO Provider for mysql, I don't see any way
to "tell" the FDO to fetch data the way I described above, and so I see now
IP address as 2130706433. But, since I have to show this data in Property
pane, is there any way to format it before displaying? I found a page with
recalculating this values
(http://matthias.leisi.net/archives/173-IP-CIDR-calculation-in-MySQL,-PHP-and-JavaScript.html)
but I don't know how to implement this to property pane.