[mapguide-users] Basic Approach

Kenneth ks at geograf.dk
Wed May 2 14:12:16 EDT 2007

The site administrator is meant for administrative purposes, that means
everything that is not a part of displaying / updating / editing maps
(roughly speaking). You will create users and groups in the Site
Administrator, but you will use MapGuide Studio (or WebStudio?) to set
access permissions on layers and maps (right click the layer/map).

To customize the AJAX viewer, you can manipulate the templ files found in
C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource\WebServerExtensions\www\viewerfiles

However, if you just disable the parts of the viewer that you dislike
(such as the toolbar, legend, etc.) and place the viewer frame in a
layout where you provide the missing parts, you will have an easier time
upgrading.

If you can live with the existing toolbars and such, perhaps you can
just provide alternative stylesheets and place the viewer in a frame
with some custom logo.

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S