[mapguide-users] RE: try to update SDF FeatureSource...my codedon'twork.

Zak James zak4ms at gmail.com
Fri May 11 10:34:08 EDT 2007

Jim,

I'm pretty sure the SHP provider gives read only access which would
explain why it doesn't support the ReadOnly parameter.

If you want to change an underlying SHP, you will have to delete the
resource data and point the FeatureSource at an updated file.

SDF is a more flexible alternative for most things you might want to
do with SHP.

zak

On 5/10/07, Jason Birch <Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca> wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> I'm afraid that I don't have any experience working with shapefiles.  It
> could be that they work differently than SDF...
>
> Jason

Zak James
Applications and Software Development
DM Solutions Group Inc.