[mapguide-users] Error when trying to load external shapefiles with mapguide studio

Alex Fordyce afordyce at ix.netcom.com
Thu May 17 23:53:49 EDT 2007

I was dealing with this same issue today. Here's what I did: I brought my shp
file into ArcGIS and deleted all records with null values in any field.
After that, it loaded into Studio with no problems. Of course this is not a
"solution" (hopefully studio will be able to handle shp/dbf nulls), but at
least I found out what was going on - I thought I was going crazy for a
while.

Here's what's weird: I though I had loaded the same file into Studio
successfully a few weeks ago with the nulls. Anyway, I'm pretty sure there
culprate for my situation was the dbf file. I'd be interested in what you
figure out.

alex