[mapguide-users] Using Tomcat as the webserver

azpublic azpublic at bluewin.ch
Wed May 30 00:57:20 EDT 2007

Has anyone managed to get Tomcat act as the http server for mapguide ?

I want to have my mapguide “www” folder under my Tomcat/webapps directory
and just forget about Apache http server and PHP (for production use). The
Apache and PHP stuff will be located on a different Admin machine.

After copying the directory under webaps of tomcat I try the following :

http://localhost:8080/mapguidewww/mapviewerjava/ajaxviewer.jsp?WEBLAYOUT=Lib
rary://Paris/ParisLayout.WebLayout

The layout shows correctly with all the frames etc... but not the map in the
mainframe !

I also tried
http://localhost:8080/mapguidewww/mapviewerjava/ajaxviewer.jsp?WEBLAYOUT=Lib
rary://bla.WebLayout
Which returns the expected
Resource was not found: Library://bla.WebLayout

How can I get the map to show correctly using this configuration?
I guess I’m not very far from succeeding but must be missing a little detail
here...

Thank you for helping

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
11:40