[mapguide-users] Joining features from 2 mysql tables

Krunoslav a_krunoslav at gmx.net
Wed May 30 01:56:38 EDT 2007

Hi all.

Is it possible to join features from 2 different tables in the same
database? An example:

Table1(object):
- ID
- Name
- Type (matches ID from second table)

In the second table I have object types:

Table2(object types)
- ID
- Type_name

So, what I need is to show properties of an object:
- Name
- Type_name

It's obvious that I have to join "type" from first table with type_name from
second table. I tried to do it like this: Define new Features Join:

Define Table1 as first table, define Table2 as second table, and in
"Matching columns", I have chosen "Type" from first table and "ID" from
second table. But still, I get empty result when trying to display Joined
feature property.

So, what am I doing wrong here ?