[mapguide-users] Help needed on transfering files from ArcGIS to Mapguide

Ayush ayush_2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 4 10:29:50 EST 2007

Hi,

I have ArcGIS at my workplace, i had created some
shapefiles there earlier and when i brought them home
and tried to load them into the Mapguide Web Studio, i
couldnt see any previews or any associated data. later
on i figured out that the .shp file seen in ArcGIS is
the collection of .shp, .shx, .db and some other
files. I dont know how to export them to Mapguide. I
read somewhere that the file should be in SDF format.
Is it necessary or is there any other way out? (i am a
newbie to Mapguide OS)

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thank you,