[mapguide-users] MGE, Base layers and consistent scale ranges

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Sun Nov 4 12:42:12 EST 2007

After saving the layer in MapGuide Studio, select the menu "File" and
"Save as xml..."
The file it saves is the internal representation of the MapDefinition.

You can open this file with almost any text editor (plain text only, no
MS Word).
You can use notepad if you like.

Somewhere in the file will be a an xml entry called <FiniteScales>.
In this entry you can hand modify the scales.
After you are done, you can reinsert the MapDefintion into the MapGuide
server.

Open a browser with:
http://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/index.html
Select "Resource", the "SetResource"

To the right, enter the resourceID you want to save the map under.
Browse the file as the "Content" item.
Leave the "Header" blank.
Press submit.

You will now have updated/create a MapDefintion in the server.

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S