[mapguide-users] Security on layers or featureSource

Bruno Scott bscott at geomapgis.com
Wed Nov 7 04:37:47 EST 2007

Actually when we set a no access permission on a layer definition for a given
user
and we open the map referencing this layer (using the same user ) we got

Permission denied to resource:
Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Layers/Districts.LayerDefinition
Permission denied to resource:
Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Layers/Districts.LayerDefinition Exception
occured in method MgResourceHeaderManager.CheckPermission at line 2497 in
file
c:\build_bond_area\mapguide_open_source_v1.2\build_18.1\mgdev\server\src\services\resource\ResourceHeaderManager.cpp

I know that is the intended behavior
But it would be great if the mapgudie server remove the layers with no
access on the fly.
This would gives Administrator a very high level of flexibility on
controling the security.

Just by setting security permissions on some layers or featureSource we
could control
what a specific user can see in any map

Bruno