[mapguide-users] Adding marker on the fly with tooltip

Kencana bluesky_dyx at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 11 23:36:34 EST 2007

Hi Jacky,

Thanks for the reply.

I don't quite understand what you mean by outer xml. anyway, this is what i
did for drawing the marker. also I have attached 1 layer definition file,
templ file, and also the layerdefinition.php file (the file consists the
function in drawing the marker based on the xml file). I hope you can help
me out. And I am really appreciate that.

Thank you

Regards,
Kencana Kesuma

$factory = new LayerDefinitionFactory();

	// Create a mark symbol

	$resourceId = 'Library://Migrated Files/Stars.SymbolLibrary';
	$symbolName = 'Red';
	$testing = 'Test 123';
	$width = '25'; // points
	$height = '25'; // points
	$color = 'FFFF0000';
	$markSymbol = $factory->CreateMarkSymbol($resourceId, $symbolName, $width,
$height, $color);

	// Create a text symbol

	$text = "ID";
	$fontHeight="12";
	$foregroundColor = 'FF000000';
	$textSymbol = $factory->CreateTextSymbol($text,
	$fontHeight, $foregroundColor);

	// Create a point rule.

	$legendLabel = 'trees';
	$filter = '';
	$pointRule = $factory->CreatePointRule($legendLabel,
	$filter, $textSymbol, $markSymbol);

	// Create a point type style.

	$pointTypeStyle = $factory->
	CreatepointTypeStyle($pointRule);

	// Create a scale range.

	$minScale = '0';
	$maxScale = '1000000000000';
	$pointScaleRange = $factory->CreateScaleRange($minScale,
	$maxScale, $pointTypeStyle);

	$featureName = 'PointSchema:Points';
	$geometry = 'GEOM';
	$layerDefinition = $factory->
	CreateLayerDefinition($featureSourceName, $featureName,
	$geometry, $pointScaleRange);

 // Add the layer to the map
    $newLayer = add_layer_definition_to_map($layerDefinition, "Points",
"Points of Interest", $sessionId, $resourceService, $map);
    add_layer_to_group($newLayer, "Analysis", "Analysis", $map);

Jackie Ng wrote:

> Do you have an "outer" xml template that you are merging this with? If so,
> that's the one where you'll have to place the <ToolTip> tag under.
>
> - Jackie
>

> Kencana wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jacky,
>>
>> Thank you for the reply.
>> Anyway I can't find the geometry tag under the marksymbol.templ.
>> this is what i have in markersymbol.templ
>>
>> <W2D>
>>                   <Unit>Points</Unit>
>>                   <SizeContext>DeviceUnits</SizeContext>
>>                   <SizeX>%s</SizeX>
>>                   <SizeY>%s</SizeY>
>>                   <Rotation>0</Rotation>
>>                   <MaintainAspect>true</MaintainAspect>
>>                   <W2DSymbol>
>>                     <ResourceId>%s</ResourceId>
>>                     <LibraryItemName>%s</LibraryItemName>
>>                   </W2DSymbol>
>>                   <FillColor>%s</FillColor>
>>                   <LineColor>FF000000</LineColor>
>>                   <TextColor>FF000000</TextColor>
>> 		  <ToolTip>test 123</ToolTip>
>>                 </W2D>
>>

>> I did make some changes to the LayerDefinition-1.0.0.xsd and the error
>> message has gone. however,
>> i can't see the tool tip when i mouse over the marker.
>>
>> any idea of this?
>> anyway i am still using mapguide opensource 1.1.0.
>> because the new version (1.2) the marker is not shown on the map.Have
>> mentioned about this issue in this forum, but so far I havent see any
>> solution for it yet.
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> Regards,
>> Kencana
>>

>> Jackie Ng wrote:
>>>
>>> Did you put the tooltip tag in the right location? The <ToolTip> tag
>>> usually follows the <Geometry> tag in a layer definition document.
>>>
>>> - Jackie

http://www.nabble.com/file/p13699701/LayerDefinition-1.0.0.xsd
LayerDefinition-1.0.0.xsd
http://www.nabble.com/file/p13699701/layerdefinitionfactory1.php