[mapguide-users] combo box that can change scale by consistent scales

ori gudes ori at sinapistech.com
Mon Nov 12 06:10:23 EST 2007

Hi Colleagues

I wonder if some one has developed a combo box that can change scale by
consistent scales (50,000, 25,000 etc.).
I know how to define it in the Map Definition under the XML file (you can
watch it in the Bottom), but I don't know how to relate it specific command
(Combo Box)?

Thanks in advance

Ori

 How to change Scales inside the Map Definition?

1) Open the Map inside the MapGuide Studio

2) Save as xml file inside: C:\Program
Files\MapGuideOpenSource\WebServerExtensions\www\xml folder.

Keep in mind you must define base layers (in side the MapGuide studio) in
order to see the (FiniteDisplayScale) parameter.

3) Open the xml file and change the default scales inside these parameters:
<FiniteDisplayScale>50000</FiniteDisplayScale>, save the xml file.

4) In order to update the Map Definition you should do the necessary steps:

Open a browser (depends where you work)
Withhttp://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/index.html

Select "Resource", then "SetResource"

 To the right, enter the resourceID you want to save the map under.

An example resourceID for the MapDefinition would be:
Library//Folder name/Map name.MapDefinition

Browse the file as the "Content" item (xml folder).

Leave the "Header" field blank.

Presses submit.

You will now have updated/create a Map Definition in the server.