[mapguide-users] Application develop environment

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at CSOGIS.DE
Tue Nov 13 04:26:13 EST 2007

Hi,

I wonder how to set up my develop environment. I'd like to have my
webapplication on a different computer (on my client machine) than the
MapGuide OpenSource Software (on the server).
Currently I'm developing with Visual Studio and the .NET Framework. I copied
the required dll's into the bin folder and also copied the "webconfig.ini"
to my webapplication (into the root directory).
In the "webconfig.ini" I've done the following changes.

- changed the IpAddress-Parameter under [SiteConnectionProperties] to the
servers IP
- changed the ResourcesPath to an UNC-Path to Resource folder
(\\vm-mgos\MapGuideOpenSource\WebServerExtensions\www\mapagent\Resources)

So, most time this works for me but sometimes I notice this exception:

- Failed to retrieve message for "MgFileIoException". (happens at
MapGuideApi.MgInitializeWebTier(configPath))

Are there some other settings I have to do?

Gunter