[mapguide-users] lost password in upgrade to 1.2

Campbell, Keith A keith.campbell at atkinsglobal.com
Thu Nov 22 05:30:53 EST 2007

Ryan,

You might want to try this:-
http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=12083605&framed=y&skin=166
10

Worked for me (thanks Jackie).

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of north
Sent: 21 November 2007 15:49
To: mapguide-users at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [mapguide-users] lost password in upgrade to 1.2

Hello,

I recently uninstalled 1.1, and upgraded to Map Guide Server 1.2.

The server/webextensions installed fine, but now my Authentication is
not working.
My old Administrator password, and the default 'admin' password is not
accepted by MapGuide Studio, or the webadmin/login.php page.

Is there any way I can force a reset of the password? Or edit a file
that has it hard-coded?

I did this switch on a test server earlier in October, and the password
was just reset to 'admin'

But I've just performed the upgrade to the production server, and can't
access it any longer.

error message on webadmin: Authentication failed. Please enter a valid
username and password.

error on MapGuide Studio: Unable to connect to MapGuide Server. Please
ensure that the server process is running and firewall rules have been
set correctly.

(The server prcess is running, I've also restarted it a few times), I'm
trying to connect locally, so I don't think there would be any firewall
issues.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

-Ryan